The BHA have issued the following notice to provide clarity on the BHA’s expectations with regard to the use of bisphosphonates in horses under the care or control of a Trainer. Continue reading
Nick Rust, Chief Executive of the BHA, has made the following statement regarding British Racing’s 2016 Fixture List:
“2016 will be a year of consolidation for the Fixture List, rather than fundamental change. A number of issues need to be resolved and clarified before step changes are made. Continue reading
The BHA Ringworm Certificate of Non Contagiousness is now available in the Downloads section of the ARVS Website. Continue reading
For those whose trainers may be running horses in France, Article 198 of the Code des Courses au Galop says that all prohibited substances must be eliminated at the time of the declaration of runners (this is generally 2 days before the race). If you are competent in French the code can be found by following this link: France Galop Rules
BHA has published a BHA Notice regarding new Detection Time advice for dexamethasone sodium phosphate (Dexadreson®) and dexamethasone isonicotinate (Voren®). These Detection Times are effective immediately.
- The Horse Comes First campaign stages themed racedays
- Hundreds of children involved in activities around the country
- Sweden joins Ireland, France and Germany as the nations whose runners in Britain are treated in the same way as British-registered horses
- All other international runners are required to be sampled prior to running in Britain
The latest Racehorse health research news is available on the HBLB Racehorse Health Blog giving information on the latest Equine Research Projects and further information.
- Enhanced Rules state that no horse should ever be administered an anabolic steroid for as long as it is involved in racing, with no exceptions
- Guide to the Rules published online and distributed domestically and internationally as part of industry communications
ARVS day meeting on 3rd June 2015 at Windsor Racecourse.
This year’s meeting will again focus on assessing performance problems in racing horses, how to recognise problems and how to manage them.
There is an International flavour including Jonathan Lumsden from Randwick, Australia, Anne Courouce from France and Justin Perkins from RVC and we will touch upon regulatory aspects of racing in different countries.
To download a Registration form please go to the Events page.